Tuesday 31 July 2012

Laziness and the love of armour

So I went to the cottage and enjoyed an amazing vacation of fishing and enjoying all that a cabin on a lake has to offer. 

 Not my cabin, or my dog, but you get the idea.

I'm not going to lie, it didn't inspire me to get a lot done. That being said I knew I had to do something, not only for myself but to keep on track with my Canadians.

Looking with some mild hatred at my figs (I'm not a painter at heart) I dreaded the Infantry pl and Mortar pl that I saw sitting there before me, a long and enduring process of highlighting small soldiers in a colour scheme I'm still not sure of. Oh joyous day... Perhaps I can get away with doing nothing...

But then I saw them...


Three glorious hulls of the much beloved and often chided Sherman tank.





So with that I set about painting up these three hulks to give my troops some armoured punch. Not sure I'll use them a ton in MW, perhaps more so in LW but you can't have an Canadian army without  a few of these for sure.





 I like the way these are looking in among the UC's I did up.

I'm happy with these and I'm looking forward to putting some antennas on them (along with the UCs) and I'm thinking of adding some foliage camouflage to bulk them out and give them that used feeling that I tried to go for with the weathering pigments I used on their hulls and tracks.

If you have any suggestions on what to use or techniques for the camouflage hit me up with a comment or a pm. I'm still learning with this whole "Allied" thing so I'm open to new and crazy ideas that will look cool...

Now the greatest downside to this is I'm one step closer to being forced to paint the Infantry.

Until next time.







1 comment: